North American Skater
||12 février 1993
||Plano, TX, USA
(1st Ronde / 21st Au total)
• Noesen tied for the team lead in 2010-11 with 77 points (33-44--77) in 68 games improving dramatically from the eight points (3-5--8) he registered in 33 games in 2009-10.
• Throughout the 2010-11 season, he regularly played on a line with fellow North American draft prospects Rickard Rakell (No. 30 ranked) and Garrett Meurs (No. 79 ranked).
• He credits the Dallas Stars organization for getting him ready for this past season and becoming mature enough to play in the OHL -- over the 2010 summer he practiced with some of the Dallas Stars players and trainers. “I worked out with their trainer (J.J. McQueen) and that was probably the most beneficial thing for me. It was great for seeing what it takes to stay at that next level and seeing guys like Brenden Morrow, Matt Niskanen, Stephane Robidas and Mike Ribeiro. They do things you would have never imagined.”
• Noesen, originally from Plano, Texas, moved to Northville, Michigan after being attracted to the Compuware Youth Program. He spent two seasons with the Compuware Under-16 team, winning a national championship in 2009. He played 10 years with the Dallas Ice Jets hockey program, where he helped lead his team to an Under-12 Tier I National Championship.
• He got his start in hockey at the age of three with the help of his great grandpa. His childhood hockey idol was Mike Modano -- “he did a lot in my community and my hometown”.
• Both of his parents, Glen and Jamie, played college basketball and a common family activity growing up was shooting hoops in the backyard.
NHL team: Dallas Stars
NHL player: Pavel Datsyuk
Shootout move: “Fake forehand, go back hand”
Goal celebration: “One knee”
Video game: NHL ’11
TV show: Law and Order: SVU
Actor: Adam Sandler
Sport (other than hockey): Basketball
Breakfast food: Eggs